Thursday, September 18, 2008

Dream Big

[Following is the story narrated by one of the co-founders of Infosys, Mr.Dinesh, in our college function when I was doing my engineering.]

There was a cowboy in a village. He stole an egg from the nest of an eagle atop the hill nearby. He kept it along with the other eggs of his hen. They all hatched and the baby eagle became part of hen's family.

While his comrades were following the mother hen keeping their heads down, this baby eagle looked up towards the hill and wondered how beautiful it was. It aspired to reach there.

It tried everyday to fly there but it failed in the halfway as it would get too tired. But it didn't give up. It kept on trying until it succeeded one fine day. His comrades were awfully stunned watching him fly to the top of the hill which they hadn't even dreamt of.

Moral: Think big to achieve big.

3 comments:

ಗೀತಾ ಗಣಪತಿ said...

Hi putta,
This is your sullia friend, Geeta.
nice writing! you made me remember some of our English lessons and poems.
keep going. good work :-)

Regards,
Geeta Hegde.

ಗೀತಾ ಗಣಪತಿ said...

Putta,
thanks for peeping into my blog :-)
Could you please post 'To Sir,With Love' lesson of our syllabus, if you have it? or else send me the scanned copy of the doc, I'll type it :-)

ಪುಟ್ಟ PUTTA said...

Geeta,
I have that book with me :) I have read it and its too good. I will try to find that on net and publish on my blog. Btw how are you? How is your hubby n Latha?